March 02, 2009

Life is a Highway

Once again we "seized the day" and went exploring with friends on the snowmachines. In the last couple of trips to haul wood with the machine, I have made the discovery that my son is quite a good driver. This new found talent not only provides entertainment for him, but allows me to sit back, relax, take pictures and enjoy the ride. We headed down the lake towards the village of Nondalton and then ventured up through the snow covered tundra towards Tazimna Lakes. The lack of adequate snow cover on the tops of the higher hills prevented us from continuing all the way to the lakes, but we managed to find a natural half-pipe to have a little extra fun before returning home.
The following day, a friend and I drove across the lake to the homestead of the late Governor Jay Hammond. That same day I conducted an experiment to find out just how long you should leave your glove off to use a camera before there is no feeling left in your fingers.

My chauffeur


The chase


Leo and his mad driving skills


Break time


Top of the World (sort of)


Windy on Lake Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment